Special Event for Children with Special Needs
We are excited to announce the First Annual Special Egg Event – an Easter egg hunt for children with special needs and their families!
The purpose of the Special Egg Event is to provide a fun, safe, family environment that allows for children who may have difficulty participating in a traditional egg hunt to enjoy hunting for Easter eggs! Please join us for this one-of-a-kind event from 3:00 pm to 5:00 pm on Saturday, March 30th at Drake Stadium.
Walk-Ups are welcome on the day of the event (March 30th). Registration starts at 3:00 PM.
The egg hunt will have dedicated areas to accommodate children with specific special needs:
- Children with special needs will be able to participate in a general egg hunt, broken up by different age groups. Parents / guardians and siblings are welcome and encouraged to join their child during the hunt.
- Quiet Hunt for children on the autism spectrum or children with sensory processing difficulties who will hunt better in a quiet location. This hunt for eggs is in a safe and quiet environment, free of distractions and loud noises.
- Blind and Visually Impaired children will hunt for eggs in an open environment with beepers inside each egg, allowing them to hear where the eggs can be found.
- Children with Wheel Chairs and Mobility Restrictions will have a dedicated area allowing them to hunt for their eggs using a magnetic pole. Inside each egg will be a magnet that will attach to the pole, making it easier for children to put each egg in their basket.
- Siblings are also encouraged to participate in our general egg hunt. We want everyone in your family to fun at the Special Egg Event.
In addition to egg hunting…
There will be food, carnival games, animals, and photos with the bunny of honor. Everything we do is geared towards making sure the whole family can enjoy the festivities of the Special Egg Event!